Name: Vishal Kasliwal
Country: United States
Viewing last 5 entries.
The effeciency rating is your score divided by the number of turns you've used up. The key to obtaining a very high efficiency rating is to maximise your credit production without sweating too much. Here are some general guidelines to follow.
1. Stop trading as soon as you can. This should be soon after you can afford your first Voyager. Trade runs are nice in the short term, but in the long run, thy use up far too many turns.
2. Now that you're no longer trading, go on the offensive. Capture some nice cash filled planets. Look especally for planets belonging to higher ranked players. They're more likely to have more cash and the player is also less likely to mind loosing them. Attack planets belonging to players who have been offline for a long time. The planet has probably maxed out as a result.
3. Once you can afford to fire off a few SG torps, start building your own SG. Hide it well. Populate each planet with only one boatload of colonists. Sure, it'll take time for the planet to reach the maximum population level, but you can spend the time collecting interest and hanging out with your gilfriend (Get this upgrade soon, it rocks!). As your captured planets start making you the big bucks, build more SGs.
5. Keep Nova bombs to a minimum. It's easier to pay a lower ranked player to Nova a sector for you, and if you follow these guidelines well, you'll have a lot of small fish to draw on.
6. Pick your targets well. If your teammates don't care about their efficiency rating, let them do the attacking.
Have fun flying around!
Entry Edited 1 time - Edited on Aug 13, 2005 - 2:22 am